Why a proof of pregnancy is important and how to get one.
What is a proof of pregnancy necessary if I am considering to place my baby for adoption?
- A proof of pregnancy is a document verified by medical staff stating that you have received a positive pregnancy test and highlights your estimated due date or the date you can expect to deliver your baby.
- There are 2 types of pregnancy tests – urine and blood tests. Pregnancy tests find the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (HCG). This is a hormone made by the placenta about 10 days after fertilization.
- You may also get a sonogram, also referred to as an ultrasound. This is a prenatal text offered to most pregnant women. It uses sound waves to show a picture of your baby in the uterus (your womb). Ultrasound helps your health care provider check on your baby’s health, development and often determines the gender of your baby.
ACF Adoptions in Florida will accept any of the three types of proof of pregnancy.
Why did the private adoption agency in Florida ask for a proof of pregnancy?
- ACF Adoptions will need to know how far along you are in your pregnancy.
- ACF Adoptions can start providing living expense assistance once you are in your 2nd trimester so we need to know how many weeks along you are.
- ACF Adoptions will provide you with adoptive family profiles to review when you are in your 2nd
- A sonogram or ultrasound will often determine the gender of the baby.
- A sonogram will also show if you are pregnant with one baby or multiples
What are some ways or where can I go to get proof of pregnancy?
- Your doctor or nurse (clinic or hospital) can provide a proof of pregnancy.
- Community clinics such as your local Department of Health
- Free Pregnancy help centers
- Free Pregnancy test clinics
- In some cases where women are feeling very sick after taking an at home test, they have gone to their nearest emergency room to ensure they are stable and not in any medical distress
You can search your community for any of the above options. ACF Adoptions can also provide assistance in searching for local places in your area.
What if I don’t have transportation to get to a pregnancy testing office?
ACF Adoptions is available to answer any questions you have about proof of pregnancy. Everything is confidential. ACF Adoptions offer free counseling and other resources through the adoption social workers in our agency, but we can also link you to professionals in your community at no extra cost to you.
Call us Now: (305) 653-2474 or 800-348-0467
Text us Now: 954-540-2383
We’re here for you 24/7, 365 days a year. We are here to help.