10 Things You Should Know About Adoption
If you're pregnant and considering adoption, you're probably feeling overwhelmed. The process can be intimidating, especially when it's hard to separate fact from fiction. The caring staff at ACF Adoptions seeks to equip you with accurate information and support – so that you're able to make the best decision possible for you and your baby. Below are 10 important considerations for any woman considering adoption.
You can receive help with housing, living expenses, transportation and maternity clothes.
- You can receive help with housing and living expenses.
- You can receive help with medical expenses.
- You have the right to free counseling and personal attention to your individual situation and needs. We provide adoption counseling to help you sort your thoughts and feelings before deciding.
- You have the right to privacy. The information you share with ACF is strictly confidential.
- Whether you choose an open or closed adoption, we can walk you through every step of the process. All of our waiting families are carefully screened, approved and prepared to welcome their adoptive child into their family.
- You can choose and/or meet the adoptive family. You have the right to decide what is best for you and your baby. You may learn about ACF approved waiting families by reading their letters, seeing their photos, communicating by telephone, or meeting them in person.
- You can receive photos and letters about your child as he/she grows up.
- You can receive post birth financial support.
- Private adoption allows the baby to go directly to the adoptive family.
- You do not have to go to court.